Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whole Wheat Pasta with Pesto

There are so many varieties and so many shapes of pasta and again their permutations and combinations.
What I have here is a Whole Wheat variety in Rigatoni shape. Not just that it comes with a 'good for health' tag, but I do like the flavour of whole wheat pasta than the regular one. The texture is also different and nice.


Whenever I need to make a quick yet special/exotic dish, I run to my fridge and grab the Basil Pesto jar that I got from SF. It adds so much flavour to the dish minus the effort. Not that making pesto is a tedious job. Only thing is fresh basil should be available somewhere around the place. In Bangalore, we can get fresh basil in Namdhari, but not all the time. Anyways...since I have the readmade pesto, I might as well use it.

Boil the pasta in good amount of water with salt. Meanwhile chop the onions and saute them in a teaspoon of olive oil (i use the oil that floats on the pesto in the jar). Add 1/2 a cup of sweet corn and saute. You may add sundried tomatoes or olives too. Then add the cooked pasta, stir for 2 minutes and add a tablespoon of the pesto and mix well. Take it off the heat after a minute.
Serve with grated cheese sprinkled on top.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lakshmik said...

My daughter and I love pasta. So I make all varieties of them. Will give this one a try too.

November 22, 2006 4:19 AM  
Blogger Lakshmi said...

that looks lovely.
have a nice weekend.

November 22, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger FH said...

I love pasta dishes.Do you buy those pasta and pesto in Nilgiris?We used to go there all the time for bread and pasta.

Looks good.Have a great day.

November 22, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger gagneet said...

When are we getting to bite into it??!! And hasn't that Pesto grown old now... :-P

November 23, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger Tweety said...

@lakshmik: yes do try it, u will love it. Do you get whole wheat pasta there?
@lakshmi:thanks :)
@asha: I get these stuff in 'Namdhari Fresh' outlets in Bangalore. I've hardly been to any nilgiris stores.
@gaggu: You will bite into it when you visit me :). No, the pesto is quite fresh, Supra brought it a couple of months back.

November 23, 2006 1:46 AM  
Blogger Sia said...

hiya,
everytime i try cooking pasta its turned into big dissaster:( i still got so much to learn in pasta catagory... so i'm all eager to get as many recipes and tips as possible.... may be one day i wil be able to make delicious pasta:) till then i will stick to italian food places;)
cheers
supriya

November 24, 2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger Shella said...

Didnt know Fabindia sold organic stuff too. Havent seen them in the GK store yet, or have I missed it?? Your pasta looks simple yet delish

February 04, 2008 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home