Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dalia

As a working woman and being in the software industry, my timings are erratic most of the time. So dinner would be something quick and easy. Which is rice and subji.
I've been hearing a lot that it's better to eat roti at dinner than rice. So I try and make rotis as often as possible during week nights. But the times that I return home late, and have no energy left to knead the dough and roll the rotis, , I fall back on Dalia - Broken Wheat. This way I would still be eating wheat and not rice. Add some veggies to it and there you go...a one pan dinner which is nutritious as well as less tedious to make. I also reduce some more effort by using dried herbs and powdered masalas like ginger powder, garlic powder etc.


But there is one problem here. My hubby dear scorns on anything that is tagged as "good for health"...like dalia, ragi, whole wheat, low cal, low fat etc. So I have the additional burden of making these things extra tasty and lure him into eating them. So I keep trying out different ways of making Dalia. This time I have taken the help of dried basil and rosemary.




Carrots, Beans Harikot, Onions, Green Chilli, Ginger Powder, Garlic Powder, Dried Basil, Dried Rosemary, Organic Dalia and Fresh Corriander for garnish.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

This one is too good..healthy & nutritious and quick one too ...send some more of this type... :)
Thanks ...!!!

November 06, 2006 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home